Our company is a dynamic and award-winning manufacturer of engineered labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. We are growing and investing for the future and part of a well-diversified award-winning label and packaging company.
We are seeking a self-motivated and driven Estimator / Job Planner to join our team and play a key role in accurately quoting products and production jobs to meet or exceed estimated profitability.
Full-Time. Hybrid Remote/Office schedule available.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Product and production costing experience
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Understands geometric dimension and tolerances
- Aptitude in reading designs and specifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities (approx. 80% of time):
- Understand processes and production procedures to quote or plan jobs in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that quotes are completed on time and are accurate based on current information.
- Ensure that RFQs are processed within established time frames for customer satisfaction.
- Actively engages sales, production, and CSRs as necessary on RFQ’s
- Actively plans jobs to ensure efficient production to meet customer standards.
- Capture key data and assumptions in the quoting process.
- Ensure that information regarding outside purchases is effectively communicated to the purchasing department for estimates and ordering
- Update and verify information communicated to production for product launch is complete and accurate to avoid rework or rejects due to lack of or incorrect information.
- Actively pursue planning ideas that save production dollars.
- Maintain quoting logs and metrics reporting monthly
- Follow SOPs as trained.
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities (Occupies balance of time):
- Implement continuous improvement efforts for quote efficiency, accuracy, and cross-training of colleagues.
- Review planned vs. actual data to evaluate and improve accuracy of estimates; requote as appropriate and communicate updated results to sales.
- Identify suitable vendors for purchased products as needed.
- Ensure that Company requirements are accurately communicated to vendors.
- Ensure that production is informed of possible capacity issues in advance, based on job planning.
- Actively participate in quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that company procedures are followed and updated as estimating / job planning processes change.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Math skills
- Analytical skills to make appropriate and timely decisions that positively impact production and meet customer requirements.
- Detail oriented; accurate with numbers and information
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Executes goals and objectives in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize within the important/not important and urgent/not urgent matrix
- Proficiency with PC and Windows based software skills
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; prefer post-secondary graphic arts education or related college degree or a strong ability to convert specifications into a project plan.
- Prefer a minimum 3 yrs. in the industry doing related activities which lend experience to estimating.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a positive working environment and competitive compensation.
Compensation: Competitive based on role and experience. Performance based bonuses
Benefits: Paid vacation, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k, and Life Insurance. Company events and employee appreciation activities
Environment: Clean – Temperature Controlled Facilty
Qualified candidates who want to be part of a great team should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org